Friday, July 13, 2012

AWWW..!!! HOW CHWEEEET!!

Monika, my 1st crush. It was 1st std and pretty Monika was my partner thanks to my class teacher who put her next to me. Break time was for playing “Running & Catching” where I used to slow down so that she could catch me. Gifting her fancy teddy bear erasers isn’t just enough for a girl so pretty. She deserved much more. That’s when “Colgate Gel” advertised showing a glowy helix that encircled the person who brushed his/her teeth with Colgate Gel. This was it. I had to be the special boy in the class with the helix. After torturing my parents to buy that I was only shocked how companies can mislead its consumers with such false depictions. From then I never believed any advertisement.


A few days ago I was shopping with a new friend at Kolkata when we decided to buy toothpaste. Almost all toothpastes have the words “Brush twice everyday” printed on the boxes. Being in my rebel mode, I started my rant. “Brush twice everyday! Eh! Says who? The marketers? Why should we believe them? How do you know that it’s the dentists who’re saying so? How do you know that the marketers are not paying the dentists to say so? Our elder generations have used a stick from a neem tree to brush their teeth. No toothpaste (with or without salt), no toothbrush with aesthetically places bristles and yet they can still crack open a walnut with their mouths even now. Guess what, they used to brush only once a day. Brush twice everyday, my foot! Brush twice everyday! Says who?!”

Then my friend decides to open his mouth and reply, “My wife, bro. So I have no choice but to follow that rule.” and turns away. I resisted my urge to say “Awwww..!! How chweeet!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment